The dining scene in Colorado recently received a prestigious recognition: five Colorado restaurants – including three in Denver – earned a coveted Michelin star. This marks Michelin’s first guide for Colorado and establishes the state as a premier dining destination.
The Michelin Guide is known worldwide for its rigorous evaluation and recognition of exceptional dining establishments. These prestigious stars, awarded by the Michelin Guide, are symbols of culinary excellence and a testament to a restaurant’s quality.
The five Michelin star restaurants in Colorado are:
- Beckon: Located in Denver in the heart of RiNo and helmed by Chef Duncan Holmes, Beckon offers an exquisite dining experience that captivates the senses.
- Bosq: In Aspen, Chef Barclay Dodge’s restaurant sources ingredients from local farms and by foraging in mountains and streams resulting in an innovative and exceptional menu.
- Brutø: This unique restaurant offers the opportunity to witness every step in the culinary process up close, encouraging interaction. Created by chefs Michael Diaz de Leon and Kelly Whitaker, Brutø’s menu is curated carefully and sustainably.
- Frasca Food and Wine: Boulder’s gem, led by Chef Ian Palazzola, offers refined Northern Italian cuisine with locally sourced ingredients.
- The Wolf’s Tailor: Tucked away in the Sunnyside neighborhood of Denver, chefs Taylor Stark and Kelly Whitaker craft dishes that tantalize the palate. This restaurant offers a multi-course tasting experience with a zero-waste ethos in both kitchen and bar.
While Michelin stars are certainly a significant accolade, there are also numerous exceptional restaurants in the surrounding areas of Denver that offer unique culinary experiences. Michelin stars are only awarded in areas where tourism boards, hotel owners and other interested parties pay Michelin to be considered for the guide. Thus, this Colorado guide only considered restaurants in Aspen, Beaver Creek, Denver, Boulder, Snowmass Village and Vail.
As Colorado’s culinary scene continues to flourish, it’s clear that the state has much to offer, making it a must-visit destination for food enthusiasts seeking diverse and exceptional dining experiences.