If you’re like many homeowners, spring cleaning is well underway. But the warm weather and greening landscape mean it’s time for home maintenance as well.
Here is a checklist of seasonal chores from Better Homes & Gardens:
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon dioxide detectors.
- Drain or flush water heater.
- Vacuum lint from dryer vent.
- Repair or replace caulking and weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Inspect caulking in sinks, showers and baths.
- Clean window and door screens.
- Inspect roof for missing, loose, or damaged shingles and leaks.
- Inspect chimney for any damage.
- Power-wash windows and siding.
- Remove debris from gutters and downspouts.
- Remove insulation from outdoor faucets.
- Check sprinkler heads.
- Hire a professional to service your air-conditioning system.
- Change air-conditioner filter.
- Fertilize the lawn.